Thank you to everyone who came out to PBF COver to cover 2023!
Grab a friend, and make space on your bookshelf for PBF Cover to Cover, taking place in bars, coffee shops, restaurants, venues, parks, and more spaces throughout Portland.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Information about submissions: What kind of events do we accept for PBF Cover to Cover? We are looking for an eclectic mix of fun and engaging programs across the city. While events fall “under the umbrella” of PBF and should have a literary or storytelling connection, they don’t need to be explicitly book readings. Multi-author readings will be considered, but as PBF already features authors in conversation, think of this as an invitation to go outside the possibilities of a traditional reading. Become the author of your own PBF Cover to Cover event featuring your presenters, in the venue you bring, and with support from PBF.
Literary trivia, poem karaoke, a fiction reading with musical accompaniment—submit your unique chapter to the PBF Cover to Cover program! We commit ourselves programmatically to support more writers of color and highlight their stories; BIPOC partners and presenters are especially encouraged to submit. We are particularly excited about “co-authored” events: collaborate with other journals, presses, organizations, businesses, etc., and get creative! Please submit only one proposal per event.
- Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis; please submit your event early for best consideration.
- Priority will be given to free programming, although ticketed events will be considered.
- We do not permit, and will not approve, PBF Cover to Cover events that are fundraisers or that ask for donations.
- Note that event submissions must not take place during Portland Book Festival hours.
- We will advertise/market accepted events as an official part of PBF on social media and on our website.
- In addition, all events will be required to feature provided PBF and/or PBF Cover to Cover logos or marks on all promotional and marketing platforms, share information and how to attend with their audience, and distribute/display other possible PBF communications (posters, PBF Cover to Cover materials, etc.).
- Once your proposal is approved, PBF Cover to Cover Partners will be required to read and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Thank you for your interest in PBF Cover to Cover! For questions, please refer to the PBF FAQ first, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.